LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a $100 donation to the Salvation Army to benefit hurricane relief efforts. I am posting the link for others here and I hope that you can spare even a few bucks for a million plus people that have lost everything.

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/

Lets make an LS1LT1.com donation goal. Say $500. I've put up my share already. Who's in?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not that this is a bad thing, but their online donations page must be getting hammered... can't get it to load... will keep trying.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also you can donate to this:

The wake of devastation left by hurricane Katrina has resulted in a massive drive for aid and financial donations. If you are inclined to give and would like information about a particular charity or organization we urge you to visit www.give.org.

Give.org is the website for the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. The BBB Wise Giving Alliance collects and distributes information on hundreds of nonprofit organizations. Here you will find information about the programs, governance, fund raising practices and finances of charitable organizations. Give.org is a good resource to weed out the legitimate organizations from potential scammers who take advantage of tragedies such as this.

·
Registered
364 Posts
While it is only a fraction of your donation, Chris, I just got my $25 donation with Salvation Army to go through.

That puts us at $125.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i'll put another 25 bucks to the cause, and am making an appoitment to give blood hopefully by the end of the week...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
dam,
the mayor of new orleans just came on and said it is believed that there are thousands of people dead in just the city ..... :(
worst thing on US soil since 9/11

dam.... thousands apon thousands that were left alive still lost EVERYTHING.... houses cars, job , loved ones.... poor people...:(

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks like we are sitting at $150 plus what NeonOrngBlast donates once he can get through on the site.

C'mon guys... even $5 will help.

The Salvation Army site will take a credit card... donations are even tax deductable!

Use your GM Card, and get 5% rebate bonus too! :eureka:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got threw 20.00 is what i sent sorry it could not be more.

EDIT: i will post this on the SRT site and hopefully we can get some more guys to help.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i think your math is off... we are at 175...

chris 100
you 25
me 25 + 1 pint of blood
neon 25

·
Registered
364 Posts
NeonOrngBlast said:
I just got threw 20.00 is what i sent sorry it could not be more.

EDIT: i will post this on the SRT site and hopefully we can get some more guys to help.

$20 is AWESOME!!! Nothing to be sorry about AT ALL!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
yeh yeh... you got me.... :p

·
Registered
612 Posts
im giving to the red cross tomorrow. another 25. anything will help.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
way to go guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lower the ****ing gas prices and I will think about it. Not my fault they live on the coast. Tell those ****ers in Texas (NEXT to them) making all my money off gouging of gas prices to get off thier ass and donate something god dammit. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would love to punch all of these oil tychoons in the face. Starting with the asshole I voted for President. I can understand making some sandy hell-hole and the rest of the world hate you, but when you start to piss off (and on) your own country, thats just downright suicide. :thumbdown

edit: This is a helping thread, not a bitch session. Complain somewhere else. -gettinthere

1 - 20 of 27 Posts