LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the title says it all. performance wise is there anything significant about them?

·
Registered
612 Posts
don't waste your money. if you must go handheld, go with the crane. it would be better to get a professional dynotune or get HPTuners.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Put it this way, a real dynotune will cost just as much as that little programmer, go get a dynotune. I've actually seen people go slower with the hypercrap on their car...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was thinkin about getting the software for the ls1edit but its kinda expensive for me but i guess it would be worth it if i learned how to use it. maybe a good christmas present idea from santa.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Junk, every handheld I've ever dealt with is complete junk. 400.00 for a HH or 450.00-500.00 for HP Tuners/Edit/TunerCAT. Many tuning options out there and a handheld is not one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
IMHO Hypertech Power Programer is expensive junk. My 02 had a HPP sticker on the door when I bought it used from a dealership (6 months ago). 1st time I went for a full throttle upshift it stumbled really bad at around 5500. Other than that it ran fine. One of my friends has HPTuners (full suite) and licenses for 2000 & 2001 (he has an 01 WS6). I had him check what was wrong with my car. Turns out someone had set upshift at 6400 and rev limiter at 5500 (HPP reflash?). I ended up buying a license for 2002. When it arrived, he retuned/adjusted everything that needed it. We ran the car at full throttle on a freeway onramp data logging while driving. After adjusting things 4 or 5 times the car ran awsomely! Good as a dynotune? In short, no, but now I can adjust for gear ratio (when I do 3.73's), tire size (if I do tires/rims), delete/adjust codes for when I delete AIR and rear O2's when I do headears, etc., etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Save your money and get a decent tune..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
thats right... you got it... ;)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
We pulled the hypertech tune off of a car on the dyno (back to stock tune) and it gained power.

That's all I have to say about that :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts