LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does any1 know how to pull the. Motor w/o removing anything from the trans but the motor and how to pull the engines wire harness out with the motor or is that part of th car?

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
meanwhile the trans sits on stands right?
Yeah, it has to be supported at the front if leaving it in the car. You'll have to move it back to get the trans and engine to seperate though.

OP, why did you start another thread about this?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
well i wasn't going to go into great details like jack the car up and support it yadda yadda. I hope he can figure out those minor inconveniences :eek:
nah, i was just making sure i was on the same page lol. imo, it would be alot easier to just drop the tranny first, no reason to leave it in when all it would take is 3 bolts to drop it all the way out anyways.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
Honestly don't even spend the time screwing with unbolting the trans if the engine is comming out from the bottom. Just unclip all the connectors for the wiring harness then pull them up onto the windshield to get them out of the way.

Removing the trans from under the car can also cause damage if you aren't careful, you can bend the imput shaft on manual cars or destroy either the pump or the front bushing in and auto.

The stupid V6 cars are so close to the firewall and if its a 3.8 it uses the LS bolt pattern which is like 6 bolts in really bad places.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
I thought he was the one that in one of his other threads said he couldn't find a place to hook the lift on the motor to pull just it so he was pulling it out of the bottom, but he probably changed his mind idk.

And we are in the V6 tech, that would be why I guessed it was a 6 banger ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts