Oka so I just picked up a 95 camaro with a 383 stroker
383 4340 eagle crank, eagle sir rods 6inch,forged probe flattops
Stock casting heads with a little porting and polishing. My ?is
How much will it take safely? What plugs? And what will be my week link

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I would really love to run a 175 shot
The thing is is you have 6 inch rods which most likely will limit the reliability in the long run. Why do I say this? simple! With a 6" rod your top piston ring is closer to the top of your piston unless however the previous owner used custom pistons etc. probably not! This said if you have good head gaskets, really do have forged pistons and good rings I would spray. Personally though I would be coservative at 150 shot unless you want to dump money into it ayear or two down the road depending on your spraying NEEDS. This is just my opinion and I like my stuff to last.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motor was built by the previous owner if it was for me it would have been built for boost
I just figured with the compression it has and since its all forged it would be a great motor for spray

If you think 150 would be safe I am listening. I sprayed 1500 on my stock shortblock when I had my ta
I'm sure with the way the car runs now a 150shot would really wake it up

·
Registered
463 Posts
You can spray at least a 175 shot of nitrous on a stock motor. So if you have all forged internals there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to spray a 200-250 shot. The higher the compression the better when it comes to nitrous. Just make sure you have all the nitrous safety hardware and a good tune.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wow didn't realize how old this post was lol

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'll play, thread revival!

How much to spray? All of it!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would do at least a 150 wet shot. That's what I'm spraying in my car now. Of course make sure you have all the safety hardware, tune and colder plugs. If all keeps going well I'm planning on bumping it up to a 175 shot. That's probably the limit I'd go up to. You can spray more but idk how long the motor will last. lol BTW I'm still running the stock LT1 short block. If your motor is built you can spray more especially if you have forged internals.

·
Global Moderator
12,961 Posts
So just for giggles, with the components I will be using to build my engine, how much spray do you think it would take and not blow up.

Callies dragon slayer standard throw crank. Forged DSS brand pistons with 11.8 static compression. And scat forged 5.7 inch rods.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If everything is forged and you have a good tune I would do at least a 250 wet shot with that setup. Just make sure everything is working correctly and you have all the right safety hardware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts