LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I begin, there is a 20 minute podcast I created to tell my story about how I got started, free to download or listen to at the bottom of this post. There is also an email signup to get notified of my my progress. I promise not to spam you.

Hello. My name is Jon and for the past years I have been building a mobile detailing business from the ground up, quitting my job in the process and continuing to learn every day on how I can grow my detailing business and be more profitable. I started with nothing. 2 buckets, car soap, and the drive to be successful. I'm here to create a community of those wishing to do the same, with the help of you guys.

My vision is called Lean Detail. How to start a mobile detailing business from the ground up with 2 buckets, a wash mitt, and your mom's vacuum.
I am going to begin by creating a podcast and blog post once a week, absolutely free for anyone wanting to learn. This will be filled with information to jump start your business, learn what your customers want, and how to reinvest your earnings to rapidly grow your services.
I want to build a community. Allow like minded entrepreneurs to interact with each other and build relationships. Help each other grow our detailing businesses and share our experiences.

My story begins with me in high school wanting to be a programmer but always having an entrepreneur mindset. I attempted opening a detailing shop when I was in my first year of college with 2 friends, which was shut down because of complications between rent.

Then I began trying to code apps, and that never really worked out for me. So with my love for cars and the little knowledge I had of detailing, I began putting ads on craigslist for basic detailing. I would throw the equipment and products in the back of my 1994 Camaro Z28 and charge the customer $70 for a wash, wax, interior vacuum and wipe down.

Then I saw an opportunity to grow this income. Realized I can reinvest this money to buy more specialized equipment and begin charging more.
My first purchase was a Griots Garage buffer. I started charging $140-$160 for a complete detail inside an out.

Used that money and bought a better vacuum, finally retiring my moms house vacuum. It was at this point I started reading business books such as The Personal MBA and continually learning from r/entrepreneur. Built a website, grew an instagram following, and started getting repeat customers every month. This led to quitting my job and growing my detailing business full time.

This is where the Lean from Lean Detailing comes in. I had nothing but ambition, and was starving to put food on my plate. You don't need to start at the professional level to begin. Start small, start lean.
This is why I believe anyone can begin making money from mobile detailing, because I have done it and lived through it. You can learn more about my vision to bring like minded individuals together to help learn from my experience and share with others below.

If you want to learn more about my vision, you can visit the singup page I created Here!

And listen to the 20 minute podcast I recorded for free via google drive Here!

You can email me at [email protected] for any questions, suggestions, or to request to be a guest on a future podcast.

TL;DR I want to build a learning resource for those wishing to make money by building a mobile detailing business by posting podcasts, blogs, and interviewing industry leaders for their stories as well.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
the computing business is like playing the lottery these days, you either win big or you don't.

takes a lot of balls to start your own business and actually make a living wage. congrats on your success.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Although I wouldn't quite call myself successful yet. The moment you think you made it is the moment you stop giving your all.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Very cool. Keep on keeping on! Watch out for those taxes though!

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Nice man! Been wondering where you have been! I started my own small business 2 years ago and have been very fortunate to be successful and profitable from the beginning. Its something to be VERY proud of, I wish you nothing but success!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts