LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, i know this will probably sound absolutely crazy, but has anyone here swaped in a Cadillac 500 into a b-body, or even heard of it done? Once you get past the craziness of just the idea of it, it actually kind of makes sense. A Cadillac 500 is only a few pounds heavier than an Lt1 and depending on how they're built possibly even lighter. They make hp like nothing and torque like it's going out of style. To top it off there are a few sites I've seen that offer a wide variety of parts including specialty swap parts (albeit mostly for G-bodies). Finally, I thought it would be cool to have something that's not a Chevy small block, since, let's face it, every third built car whether GM or not has a small block Chevy in it. It would be cool to have something different.
So, my question is: Could this swap be done with a moderate amount of tweaking, or would I end up having to hack, grind, weld and smash my frame and various other parts till they were unrecognizable to get it to fit? Also any tips or words of caution relating to the matter would be grately appreciated.
Thanks!

Ps. I know this is probably not the best place to ask this question and before anyone recommends it, I have already submitted this same question to impalassforum. Just thought I would ask it here too, to see if I got any other/different replies. Thanks again!

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
All I can say about swapping to the cad 500ci is; get a early one before GM dropped compression and de tuned the engine. Late model 500's only put out around 250 hp. And got around 5 mpg.

70 engines were rated at 400 hp gross and 71 365hp gross.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
seems like there are better alternatives out there. like said above, those 500's weren't very powerful, they were just torkey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts