LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about unpainted, or black hoods...?

a guy on tech is selling a ws9 hood that came off his TA, but its painted black...im supposed to go pick it up in 2 weeks. ive seen a TA on tech that was pewter and had a black hood and it looked pretty good i think. i cant decide what i want to do with it, just leave it off until i get it painted, or toss it on.

its painted black now, not primer, so it will be shiny and i could wax it and all...and not to mention the hood is pimp as shit, and i want it!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
as long as you will get it painted eventually, i see no problem with puttin it on right now. i wouldn't, but it may look alright

·
Registered
194 Posts
I drove around for about 3 months with a primered SS hood on my z28 before I sold it. I got all kinds of nice comments.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm...well, this one is painted, just black instead of pewter. i might toss it on a see, then decide how i feel about it. or i might have a little extra cash anyway since i wont get it for another 2 weeks...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
it's a video of my buddy going down the track the other day. He has every intention of painting the hood, but he didn't want to miss the track day, haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was a vid of a T/A running [email protected] - white with what seemed to be a grey primered hood. I don't see too much of a problem with it seeing as how I had to live with a unpainted nasty fiberglass hood on my 87 RS (daily-driver) while I was slowly doing the body work before painting. I suppose that gives me a biased p.o.v. though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
paint the hach and roof black, and call it a racing stripe.:)lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yea get it painted. It might not look all that bad, but I could'nt live with it for very long. To each his own though.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
damn finally i see noyzees run... i tried like 3 links on ls1 tech and coulndt see it

·
Registered
26 Posts
nah, don't listen to people who call it ricer...while yes a lot of ricers seem to do it, it doesn't change the fact that back in the day alot of chargers, challengers, and other muscle cars sported black hoods. If any thing it's just the ricers trying to look more like muscle cars. to say the least we can't let everything they do become ricer. if we do that then were letting them call the shots. if you like than don't let the ricers push you off it, stand your ground and sport it... just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You know, the more I think about it the cooler I think a flat black hood would be pretty sick instead of the gloss :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts