LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll I just sold my 95 M6 T/A yesterday and to tell you the truth, after 3 f-bodies over 6 years, the f-bods are gettin' old. My LT1 had more problems than a..well an LT1 lol. So I'm getting a GTO but I need to know from GTO owners how the cars are from a daily driving stand point.

I have driven a few and I really like how much more refined they are over the f-bods and even how thy look. But give it to me truthfully;how are they in terms of reliabilty? Has anyone had major issues or is there known problems with them? What out of 10 would you rate your GTO owner expericence?

Any help on this would be really appericiated as I consider you all as my "go-to-guys" on these issues :LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
440 Posts
They are great for a daily driver.

Shoot over to LS1GTO.com and read up on them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just started using mine as a daily driver after putting 9k miles in 22 months. It's nice to have intown and is definetly easier to live with than my 95 Z. I have to say though that my Z is my pride and joy. Oh and one thing I don't like about the GTO are the seats. The y offer great support but the leather is real hard. And the back seat backs are torn at the top. Guess it's due to sun exposure. You may see this on other GTOs.

·
Registered
970 Posts
One of my buddies has a 04 GTO. He drives it every day from
school to work and wherever. Only problem he has had was his clutch. But they are VERY nice inside, in my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2006 GTO is very comfortable. The seats are the best part. Highway trips are enjoyable as the six-speed gearing is just right and the steering ratio does not need small adjustments. My fuel mileage on E85 is about 17/26 MPG.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The GTO's have some suspension issues with strub rub being the most common. The stitching at the top of the rear seats come apart from sun exposure but both issues can be fixed. They are excellent DD's and light years ahead of an LT1 f-body. My Dad bought his '06 new and has used it as his DD since and really has no other complaints.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I love the GTOs and have had the pleasure of workin on my friends on numerous occasions the engine and drivetrain are just as reliable as other LS vehicles. (Rears can be troublesome)

The suspensions have been known to have problems.

My friend bought his 06 new in late 06 and he swears up and down he hates it because of the problems he is always having.
Had to have a whole steering column replaced, Struts leaked all the fluid out at relatively low mileage, strut rub, outter tie rods, stitching coming apart. He says on days it drives nice he loves it and it he had the money to go through the suspension completely hed probably love it.

Hes had alot better luck than the two 04 up at the shop that are regulars.

I still love them though as repairing cars really doesnt bother me too much as all cars have their problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My closest friend has an 04 Ls1 GTO, kooks headers, slp lm1, cai and a few smaller things.. Anyway it's his daily driver about 7-8 months of the year. He locks it up for the winter since it's pretty much pointless and its in great condition. It has had no problems as a DD. I've driven it and its a dream to driver. Like mentioned before the clutch is very heavy so the m6 can be exhausting in the city but other than that its a sick combo of luxury and sport. He won his section at GM nationals last year at Carlisle. Oh one last thing, the Blaupunkt sound system is pretty nice for a stock system too. Even with the heads and exhaust it still has a great sound.. Buy one is my advice. Can't beat LS powerrrrr...

·
Registered
83 Posts
And the backseats have just as much room as a 4 door. We always joke around when someones back there that it feels like there should be a door there and theres not.. The seat has a latch you pull up and then you press a button and it slides the seat forward for you automatically. Great engineering all around. Except no room for your golf clubs if your a golfer haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts