LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting them for my stock wheels. I would be using them for the trip to the track and for racing. ;) Would i need anything else? What psi works good for them?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The less air the better, but below 15 psi you are looking at needing to run the inner tubes. I ran mine at 16-18.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the tubes come with the tires?

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I run mine around 20psi. I don't recomend running them on the street (the tread life is very short). I just swap mine at the track. Get them you won't regret it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love mine....I've run mine down to 11 psi before but normally around 12. Never had any big issues. They are starting to spin on the rim though. They do start to get a little shakey on the big end though.

I have a set of brand new, never been used tubes for sale.
2 - Mickey Thompson Drag Tubes. Part # 9552 9.00-15

·
Registered
388 Posts
I get up to around 115 MPH before I let out after the traps and mine are very stable. I run about 18-20 psi (hot) in them and they stick pretty good. I might have to go down to about 16-18 psi for the best times though. I use them only at the track but know people who have ran them on the street. They just wear out fast like that, but they do work. Good tire and you can usually find a great deal on slightly used ones. Definitely recommended.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I run mine all the time on my car. I drive 10 miles to the track and cruise around town once and a while. They work well for what they are designed to do but they do make an fbody feel like an 69 Impala when changing lanes or going around curves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts