LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went through a bit of work to find a horn set that would fit the 1998 Trans Am without requiring the wiring harness to be cut FYI (my old high tone was dead, and the low tone was going out). Just to save everyone else the effort, the AC-DELCO 84501930 (from the 2008-2014 Cadillac Escalade / Chevy Avalanche / etc.) bolts right in, is relatively cheap ($40 for the pair), and the old wiring harness fits it. The pn# recommended by the GM part catalog did not fit the stock wiring connector unfortunately. Lot of the other GM horns have the wrong connectors, wrong mounting stud diameter, etc. The new "Cadillac" ones seem pretty loud, though I don't have a good standard to compare them too.

Also, contrary to what some of YouTube/etc shows, I found the easiest way to get to the old horns was to come from the bottom. There is a small hatch built into the bottom of the car which when unscrewed flops down, giving you access to the horn. That flap looks to be designed specifically to replace the horn.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts