LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently though about switching from my Hooker 3" Cat Back system to something else. I like the sound of the GMMG Chambered exhaust system but there is no way i'm going to pay $700 or more for an exhaust system! I was on Summit Racing's site when I found some chambered mufflers that "look like" the ones used in the GMMG kit. Has anyone used these mufflers or tried to make a homemade GMMG knockoff system? Thanks...
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-630730P&N=115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
221 Posts
i would buy the GMMG if you want exactly the same sound.. you can do a few things to get a similar sound though. You can make a replica knock off... going to still cost you $400 to $500 and will be the closest thing to GMMG that you will get without paying for the real thing.

I personaly am going to take a single chambered muffler and put it in the single pipe running from the fron of the car. Then slip it into two so i can keep my factory dual exhaust. Just basicly deleating the muffler... so it is strait piped... then in the large single pipe, putting a chambered muffler in. Probly wont sound ANYTHING like GMMG. But chambered mufflers sound good regardless. I will probly only spend $150-200

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldnt buy GMMG, its the same stuff made by Stainless works. Which you can buy from Summit racing for a fraction of the cost. Any difference in sound would be from another factor....Y-pipe,Intermediate piping etc etc.-Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
PaganEgyptian said:
I wouldnt buy GMMG, its the same stuff made by Stainless works. Which you can buy from Summit racing for a fraction of the cost. Any difference in sound would be from another factor....Y-pipe,Intermediate piping etc etc.-Tim
Which Summit p/n would you be refering to? I look in the on-line store (catalog's at home) and all their chambered exhaust systems (similiar to GMMG) were $800.

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts