LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the LS3 Z28 out for a drive today and notice my low coolant light came on. So I took it back home and when it cooled off, I opened the radiator cap to find that the radiator was still indeed full. I cranked it and ran it with the radiator cap off and got some bubbles and a very light foam on top of the coolant surface. I shut down the motor and went back to the engine bay and hear a long -- 'sssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss' from what sounded to be coming from the passenger side head area. I'm alittle worried my gasket may be cracked enough to let air in. Does this sound logical?

·
Global Moderator
13,559 Posts
My 1st thought is something has come unhooked. The low coolant sensor is infamous for getting gunked up and turning on low coolant light.

If you are worried about a blown head gasket, do a compression test. The results will have 1 or 2 side by side cylinders having low compression. Test the driver side cylinders first. This will give you an indication of what compression good cylinders have.

Have you checked your dip stick for oil that looks like chocolate mil?. Sure sign of a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts