LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently the car has started hesitating and taking a few seconds to start and it misses slightly in 2nd so idk if its the opti or something else.

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
First question,how old is the opti?coil and icm?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
opti is pretty much brand new.

coil is stock.

it started acting up after a heavy rain one day before then its ran perfect since i put this opti in.

im throwing P0117,P0200,P1371.

so its either the coil or the opti.

·
Global Moderator
13,064 Posts
If the problem started after a heavy rain it sounds like the opti got wet. I know its a
pita, but try taking off cap to see if inside is wet and also wiring harness plug. Also is your almost new opti a factory one or one of the cheap flea-bay models. Personally I
use an MSD opti. They have eliminated the water intake problems around where the wire plug is by making it intergral with the unit. And the cap is sealed better then a factory opti.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the problem started after a heavy rain it sounds like the opti got wet. I know its a
pita, but try taking off cap to see if inside is wet and also wiring harness plug. Also is your almost new opti a factory one or one of the cheap flea-bay models. Personally I
use an MSD opti. They have eliminated the water intake problems around where the wire plug is by making it intergral with the unit. And the cap is sealed better then a factory opti.
I got the gm one from the parts ladi id love to have a msd one but its a little expensive for me.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car randomly died on my way home and keeps wanting to stall the rpm's will drop to zero but the car will stay running and the rpm needle bounces like crazy

·
Registered
212 Posts
car randomly died on my way home and keeps wanting to stall the rpm's will drop to zero but the car will stay running and the rpm needle bounces like crazy
Check ingnition coil wire mine was burnt and made it run horrible.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im probably gonna buy a msd coil tomoro since i havent replaced mine yet.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys scanned it again now im throwing P0372 on top of the other 3.

P0372-Timing Refrence High Res Signal A Too Few Pulses

anyone got any ideas why my cars acting like its possesed by satan even though it is haha

when my optis died before the rpm's needle never bounced and sh!t.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts