LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I presume this is an LT1.......if so that IS the record. Congrats!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice times! I'm interested in the suspension set up for those types of short times.

What is the weight of the car?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RW is 3090# with driver (230ish)
Da -508'

Front: BMR K-member/A-arms, QA1 shocks/springs,
Rear: stock shocks/springs, Spohn Rod ended Adj TA, Spohn Drag bar, Herron Performance Aluminum/Rod ended LCA/PHR.
Moser 12 bolt with 4.33s on 26X11.5X15 on Warriors with tubes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Shon Herron said:
RW is 3090# with driver (230ish)
:eek: Woah! Can you say on a diet????? That's freaking light!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The driver has been eating alot of salads.
And the car can still lose nearly 100#s if I wanted to do that...and I am really considering it.....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NICE NUMBERS
I am waiting on someone to go quicker! Couple of guys say they are trying.
the LT1 could go 11.6x with weight reduction even more than mine and a great track/day.

Now the car is getting an LS1....I hope to have it ready by March if not sooner but little things keep creeping up so March is a good date to shoot for.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Define "bolt ons".

Some people say heads are "bolt on", but a cam isn't.

I go exactly the opposite; cam is a bolt on (like intake manifold, headers), but changing the heads is a change to the basic configuration of the engine.

How about pistons? If you rebuild it, and use forged pistons of the same CR as stock, does that disqualify it as a "bolt on" engine?

Point is, you can define it any way you want so you qualify yourself and disqualify others who are faster than you.

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
This was not that way. The rules were set forth before hand. I dont remember all the rules but touching the bottom end was not in the cards.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This "Bolt on" stuff was born way back when GMHTP put on a bolt on shoot out in NJ.
IT was set for that headers/exhaust/pulleys/etc were allowed, no power adders. stock heads/cam. And at this time they allowed 1.6RRs with springs b/c that was a common upgrade the LT1 guys did from the get go and finding a set up that was not running it was tough so it was allowed.

Alot of people have left the bolt on scene but it was the most fun I have had in a long time, outrunning some Cammed LS1s is the stuff!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'll take the LT1 off your hands for you.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Other Bolt On Record

That 11.80 bolt-on record for LT1 Fbody is sweet!

Know also that the Bbody clut has the same rules for Bolt-on, (no touch-a-da-motor) but the heads can have upgraded rockers and valve springs)....

There is an Impala SS that ran 12.36 @ 107mph at 3900lb race weight Bolt-On record. That's faster than almost all of the heads/cam 350LT1 Impala SS cars, (and other b-bodies). If he could get 400lb out of that thing, (very do-able), he might see 11's!!

http://dan.esteban.com/impalass/ReturnTopET.asp?SelectedClass=6&Sort=Class

follow that link and scroll down to the class 6 cars. (Bolt-on).

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like seeing those B's flying!! That 12.3 pass is faster than some LT1 cars, not matter what their mods are.

The bolt on stuff is fun!! more should try it!! or stick with it!
That 11.80 bolt-on record for LT1 Fbody is sweet!

Know also that the Bbody clut has the same rules for Bolt-on, (no touch-a-da-motor) but the heads can have upgraded rockers and valve springs)....

There is an Impala SS that ran 12.36 @ 107mph at 3900lb race weight Bolt-On record. That's faster than almost all of the heads/cam 350LT1 Impala SS cars, (and other b-bodies). If he could get 400lb out of that thing, (very do-able), he might see 11's!!

http://dan.esteban.com/impalass/ReturnTopET.asp?SelectedClass=6&Sort=Class

follow that link and scroll down to the class 6 cars. (Bolt-on).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts