LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 1995 chevy camaro z28 5.7 v8. i was driving the other day at normal speed when all of a sudden it was like the car went into neutral oh and its a automatic. i coasted into a parking lot and put it into park. it shifted easily still but wouldnt engage into any gear. since then ive dropped the pan, checked the linkage and all the sensors and they are good. so what do you guys think is wrong

·
Global Moderator
13,642 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

When you say you checked the sensors, did you just look at them, or did you put an obd 1 scan stool on the aldl and do a sensor test to show if solenoid and logic switches are working.

And by the way, even though your 95 has the 16 pin obd 2 type aldl, it's still an obd 1 system that an obd 2 scanner will not read.

Feel free to download the 95 factory service manual at the following link It will have auto trans troubleshooting section that will help you find the problem. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

·
Registered
10 Posts
theres a lot of necessary details missing. How many miles? maybe the hydraulic "pump" in the transmission is bad (low oil pressure) which would cause the clutch bands not to grip/ engage. what is transmission fluid level at? maybe theres low or not fluid causing the same thing low oil -> no oil to pump hence no pressure being applied to clutch bands. Are any traction lights, ASR or transmission codes appearing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts