LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be taking off the molding and the emblems that were painted and GLUED back on with it looks like super glue... need to know what solution is going to take it off without effecting the paint, really dont want to pull it off and see that there are going to be really bad chips n whatever but any ideas? solution to use? how to? HELP!!
heres a pic so you know what I am taking off

again... side molding and TransAm Logo...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I think you have everyone stumped, not sure how to get super glue off your paint without really screwing it up. The people that make super glue say to use acetone, it's the active ingredient in nail polish remover. I've used it on a painted surface before without any damage but I would be REAL careful. Too much and you could soften the paint. I would say goo-gone for a normal removal but I don't think it's going to touch super glue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes i think everyones stumped. Who superglued the moulding back on ? what a idot!

·
Registered
362 Posts
my regular molding came off really easy... but i still have tiny bits of residue..

now when i got in my little fender bender..i just told the shop to leave the bird off the front..and it looks sick all smooth and clean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts