LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering installing a set of Pacesetter Long Tubes on my 94 Trans Am. The only thing that is really stopping me is a broken bolt in the very first hole on the drivers side head where the exhaust manifold is mounted. I've heard that the new headers don't use this hole so it wouldn't be a problem. Is this true?

The other thing is I would get headers with out egr or air hook up. Could I just plug the hose that was attached to the stock manifold for the egr? Or do I have to block off the whole egr system?

·
Registered
265 Posts
My LT Pacesetters used the same exact holes my manifolds used. You can get a Bolt extractor though pretty cheap.

EGR Don't see why you couldn't. Just unplug the connectors and plug the hole. But its not hard to take off the Intake Manifold and remove the EGR. Would look much better. I made my own plates out of thick Tin.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the ceramic coated LT's or the plain high temp paint ones? Any issues with plug wires?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you have the ceramic coated LT's or the plain high temp paint ones? Any issues with plug wires?
Uncoated. I don't open the hood much so dont bother me lol

I used zip ties to keep my Wires away from the Headers. Does the job just fine and don't notice them.

Just remember to get Headers with the O2 Bung hole and you'll have to extend the O2 hookups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts