LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I have a 98 v6 bird, looking to upgrade the exhaust. Currently I'm being offered an exhaust from a v8 bird

Just wondering since most of you have much better experience then me (my first bird), is this worth buying? It looks like crap but will it out perform my stock? What would be a reasonable price for this, if it were worth replacing with. Any suggestions or recommendations?

·
Global Moderator
13,700 Posts
Save your money and get something made for your v-6. It will fit correctly and you'll be much happier. Check craigslist on a daily basis. Who knows you might get lucky and find one at a good price. Although, v-6 cars don't get modded anywhere nears as much as v-8 ones do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not many firebird owners where im from so I doubt i'll find any made for my bird esp one for the v6 lol. Its either this beat up 2.75 inch for $50 or a brand new 2.5, the cheapest being the Dynomax 19396.

·
Global Moderator
13,700 Posts
The seller should be ashamed of himself for asking $50 for that pos. He should either give it to you or charge you scrap price of about $5, cause I see scrap metal there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.