LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finishing up a total rebuild on my 94 LT1. I feel clueless here but when I bring it to top dead center and attempt to adjust Rocker arm the lifters are out of sequence. Should the lifters all be in the down position on
ex: 1,3,4,8 & int: 1,2,5,7 then after adjusting rotate I full revolution and do the same with ex: 2,5,6,7 & int: 3,4,6,8. I am scratching my head and would appreciate any insight.

Thanks Ron

·
Registered
406 Posts
I know that is the faster way to do it... If your concerned.. do each cylinder at a time .. rotate each to tdc and then adjust.. I'm kinda a newb with adjusting (only done a handfull) but I do it like this and have never messed one up.... Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Help me out SHOEBOX...This is what I did on my car...

It is simple if you have the intake manifold removed. When both lifters in the specific cylinder are DOWN, then you can adjust both rocker arms for that cylinder.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Help me out SHOEBOX...This is what I did on my car...

It is simple if you have the intake manifold removed. When both lifters in the specific cylinder are DOWN, then you can adjust both rocker arms for that cylinder.
That is a fairly safe assumption. However, most people don't have their intake off. Plus, the method above only requires you rotate the engine to two points to make the adjustments. It is the same method that has been used since the small block came into being.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts