LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just bought a 1993 TA, i got it for 4000 with 106,000 miles(if u ask me i say it was a steal) but anyways im looking to build it up for street/strip eventually. i know all about motors, i know i want to do cold air intake, TB, MAS, exhaust, thermostat, and jet power module, but i was wondering if anyone knows what would be the best investment first and wich product and where i can get it? help anyone???

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Check the LT1 section of our board tech/FAQ, we've got an article on bolt ons that will give you some ideas. We can help from there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what parts are the best bang for the buck??

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
In terms of bolt ons that would be long tube headers. Expect 25-30 rwhp from those. Of course that's the most expensive too...but HP = $$ and there's not really a way around that.

If the car is an automatic look into a higher stall torque converter. That's a majorly effetive bolt on in terms of reducing ETs.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Oh yeah and please save your money on the Jet module...its junk. Get a good mail order tune from PCMforless.com or get the car dyno tuned.

Its just like cams, there's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all tune as every car has different mods and reacts differently.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was looking at the cooling module, still a bad idea?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Despite most people still buying an lt1 has a quite sufficient t-stat stock. No need to waste 25$ on a new one. Save it for the ungodly gas prices.

·
Registered
81 Posts
CAI,Headers,Sticky Tires and a 2800-3000 Stall will get you .5 to 1 full second off your 1/4 mile time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, then it'll be about as fast as my LS1! (j/k) BTW: $4K for the T/A that has the best looking (IMO) hood of all the 4th gens is a pretty good price. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
360 Posts
transamtom said:
CAI,Headers,Sticky Tires and a 2800-3000 Stall will get you .5 to 1 full second off your 1/4 mile time.
I agree with that as well as a good tune. Shoot us an email,pm or give us a call and we can discuss what your goals and money is like to get you down the right track.

Thanks

Josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts