LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone i need some help.
here is my issue, 1994 LT1 auto 81k miles
Car starts up fine and runs just fine for a few minutes, after a few minutes of driving the gas pedal seems to not have much response, almost as if its bogging down, it starts to spit and sputter, after about 30 seconds of my noticing the difference the ses light comes on. if i turn the car off for a minute, it returns to running fine for a couple minutes and then does it again. i went by a shop and had them scan it. here is what they came up with.

11 - SES lamp circuit
16 - OptiSpark low resolution pulse not found
29 - AIR pump circuit
44 - Bank 1 (left) O2 sensor, lean

seems like when the car gets to operating temp is when it starts to do this, first thing in morning i can drive twice as far before it does it, when i shut it off and back on it does it alot faster. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The idle is also 1500 rpm in park or neutral. Then goes down to 1000 rpm in reverse or drive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
that missing low resolution pulse is almost definitely your opti about to die

either that or the wiring to the opti is faulty, which should be ruled out first

the air pump code wont affect anything in a major way

you need to resolve your low resolution pulse problems before you can look into the leanness on that bank, it will probably just go away. ignition/fuel misses fake the o2 sensors out quite a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks steveo. yea the opti is going to be changed in a couple days when it gets here, the place i ordered it from asked did i need the vented opti or not.... i am not sure? do you know? what do you think on the idle at 1500 in park? guy who scanned said tps was running fine and idle was where it need to be

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
non-vented (optispark I) for your '94. or if you get an MSD it comes with the venting stuff.

1500 is a bit high. the TPS position isn't the only factor in a high idle. you want them to look at IAC steps, map readings, etc. fix the opti first and then start chasing that one. you'd be suprised what weird stuff a bad timing reference will do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts