LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, been reading this forum for years, but only right now registered. So, I live in Moscow, yeah, right there where bears walk down the streets:) and where the most handsome girls live ;) I'd like to introduse to u my car. It's very rare in Russia Pontiac Firebird, why rare u may say? Because most of people ride European cars like BMW, MB, Audi and all the rest with the displasement 1.4l-2.5l. In my honest opinion it's a displacement for a pack of juice or milk:) but not for an engine. The bird is 93 year with an lt1, been bought in a small town near Moscow, the previous owner was a soccer player, who died, and his mother sold us the car. It was in an horrorable condition, but my father and I did our best to make it move fast and look good enough. Fist of all been bought z06 wheels 17front and 18rear, all the suspension was replaced with energy suspension. Next was the interior- it's 95 trans am black leather, then the car was repainted in yellow lime, so all the kids in the streets smile when they see the car. Then the rear end died, so we bought the new one from trans am, tranny was also changed now it's Raptor 4l60, with stock stall, best for moving in Moscow traffic. Qa1 coilover kit single adjustable took its place to make the cornening better, but I don't remember the spring rate it's too firm, so thinking of changing them for smth more comfortable, but firm enough. The next move was changing the sound, so I've bought Alpine head unit cda9855r, amplifier Audison lrx 5600, Audison sr 1d, daxx r88 wires. Don't know what speakers to choose, but will do it soon. So, in Russia we've got enthusiast owners club of firebirds and camaros, forum, surely not so big as this one. It's a pity that most of those who live in US don't wanna talk to those who live outside the country, I'll do my best to make the gap between two continents smaller, at last in internet. Sorry for my English, didn't practice for a long time:)

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We here at ls1lt1 are always glad to have f-body owners from around the world. Some of the other places we have members are: Serbia, England, Germany, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Aruba, South American countries, and a few more.

So welcome to the USA iron family. Wish more people in Europe would try these cars.

To sort out any electrical problems you have with your 93, go to this site www.bbbind.com there you can download most of your 93's wiring diagrams.

Also available in the 4th gen section are the 4th gen parts books and 94 factory service manual. It will give you practice at reading English.

Now for the sad part. Your 93 was an unique year in the lt1 lineup. It uses some different parts that are 93 only and are getting hard to find. The engine computer is 93 only and it has different connections and wiring then 94-97 lt1 cars. 93 uses speed density fuel injection, while later cars use sequential fuel injection. Other then that, the 94 service manual will serve you well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad for answering:) nice. My father and I sold parts for GM, Ford and Mopar for 10years, so we know a little bit info about US cars. We've got great servise manual and I spend time reading this book:) got plans for swap ls1, but I've read here that lt is also awesome. Don't like that lt1 is much heavier and that causes another driveability then ls1.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
the LT1 is only 45KG heavier than the LS1, it's not worth swapping just for weight..

they're both good engines, but the LS1 is easier to get parts for now, that's for sure

just for fun, can you post some pictures of your car in moscow city?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about stock power lt1 and ls1? Ls is more powerful, and more responceable for any tuning. In Russia I'm not able to programm PCM, I mean we(russian) don't have such expirience in V8, we've got our russian cars 1.5 engine, many enthusiasts put turbo chargers to get 170 hp. And they can programm PCM, cause it's domestic car. Looking for the photo.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
What about stock power lt1 and ls1? Ls is more powerful, and more responceable for any tuning. In Russia I'm not able to programm PCM, I mean we(russian) don't have such expirience in V8, we've got our russian cars 1.5 engine, many enthusiasts put turbo chargers to get 170 hp. And they can programm PCM, cause it's domestic car. Looking for the photo.
mm yeah that's tricky, you need to swap chips for your engine, you cant just program it.

you're right, and you can modify an LS1 quite a bit before you *need* to tune it. your engine.. not so much.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everything i know about russia i learned from the internet, i can only guess that you live in harmony with the bears

Lol:) It's not Russia, wrong country, its Kazakhstan, cars number.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you wanna say that 45kg is not a worth for a swap?

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
no, i dont think it's worth it just for the weight. but the LS1 is a very nice engine

you live in a country where not many people are an "expert" with LT1 or LS1 engines.

so whichever engine you choose, you have to study, learn.. become the expert.

i think you've already learned a bit about the LT1, maybe just keep learning, and keep your engine

·
Registered
620 Posts
So you wanna say that 45kg is not a worth for a swap?
93 camaro LT1's are awesome cars man! Glad you are able to get one so far away from america, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
93 camaro LT1's are awesome cars man! Glad you are able to get one so far away from america, welcome to the forum!
Thanks:) glad to read this. Called today to qa1 company, ready to order new springs with 325 rate. Found some photos of the car, I think tomorrow will post them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome? I'd like to buy some parts, and when people hear that I'm from Russia they don't wanna talk to me, saying I'm a scam:( it's a pity...most of those who live in US don't wanna make deals outside the country. I've got friends in NY, I mean I don't need u to send the parts to Moscow:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
That is one nice car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
very clean!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bought today new amp just for subwoofer it's Audison Sr1 D and brand new speakers Audison Voce K6.5, they will be powered by Audison lrx5600 5chanel, head unit is Alpine 9855 with processor. I guess the sub will be Audison Voce 10, will be bought next week. So my stereo is ready to blow up my roof:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts