LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, and thank you so much for having this site available! The older posts and information here has been extremely helpful already, and I am really excited to dig into my new car. I got a 97 Formula as a replacement for my second gen I lost recently. So far, I am very pleased with how the newer car drives, and the accessible level of power! Downside, I sadly, I lost my 3-4 clutch pack a couple days after I got it home

I am somewhat mechanically inclined, and I am hoping to do a 6 speed swap anyway, learn to do some tuning in the future. I have a ton of reading ahead of me, and am looking forward to it!

And again, thank you all for the information that is already here. I will do my best to try and search first, because I am sure someone has already asked my question, but certainly glad I will be able to find out the info I need, and the little hints that makes a car like this a bit easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! Holy Cow those links have some great resources! I am going to be spending MANY hours perusing all that information! Having it all in one or two places is going to be a huge time saver!

I think I ran into the Shoebox site early in my research. My first night, I was unaware of the normal positions on for the temperature gauge, and thought I was borderline overheating. Did a thermostat and refill the first night, and the shoebox guide is what I used to correct my first mistakes. Turns out, the LT1 is slightly different than the Oldsmobile 350 I had been used to!

Again, thanks for the help! I am super excited to learn about this platform, and I really appreciate you giving me a shortcut to some of the more commonly asked about information!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts