LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95z28 6speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 95 z28. It has developed rattling sound it seems to be coming from back right rear tire area. I have had the car up on jack stands and looked it over and checked everything I know to check just wanted to get some more opinions before I start taking it apart

·
Global Moderator
13,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the exhaust system for bad rubber hangers? Also check the rear suspension mounting places for bad bushings. Finally, make sure torque arm, that goes from rear end to back of transmission, is mounted securely at both ends. Especially at transmission end as it has a rubber mount.

Thought of 1 more thing to check. Make sure gas tank is not moving around.

·
Registered
95z28 6speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the exhaust system for bad rubber hangers? Also check the rear suspension mounting places for bad bushings. Finally, make sure torque arm, that goes from rear end to back of transmission, is mounted securely at both ends. Especially at transmission end as it has a rubber mount.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
95z28 6speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.

Thought of 1 more thing to

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
95z28 6speed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a loud clunking noise it does it when letting out on the clutch. And it sounds like it's coming from the back passenger side axle area. I'm going try to get a video of it here in a low bed I'll post it later thanks for the help

·
Global Moderator
13,310 Posts
A loud clanking noise when clutch is engaged could be bad trans mount allowing trans to hit top of body tunnel. Or it could be the clutch assembly making the noise. Or the torque arm hitting something.

All these things are problems that simple inspection would miss. As an example, a bad trans mount would most likely look good. You'd have to use a long pry bar to actually see if trans mount rubber is broken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts