LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

So today we drove to SC and where on the Road and used the cigarettelight alot, when we came home i felt warm air. I try to lacate where it comes from and found out that it is behind the shifter, right where you usualy have the little box for change, ashes of what it the world ever. It was not warm, it was hot...what could that be ?

Lars

·
Global Moderator
13,065 Posts
Heat rises, the engine compartment generates a lot of heat. It will escape anywhere it can. Had C3 corvettes many years ago. They generated enough heat into the passenger compartment to keep me warm in the winter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey :)

Thanks for the info, but just in case I will look into it, kinda interesting, but good to know :cool:

·
Global Moderator
13,065 Posts
Yes look in there. You never know, you could have a major shorted wire or something else that could make you have a carbque.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Guys

Turns out it was as simple as it could be: Not enough Power on the lighter, its fixed. Looks like somebody did something to that before and did not know what they where doing :craz28::craz28:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hey Guys

Not enough Power on the lighter :craz28::craz28:
Huh? how did this fix your heat problem? better yet what does that even mean? Were you measuring under 12 volts? How did you fix it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will not use a device complete until I figure out what is going on down there, I let it charge and after that I unplugg it. I have an oilchange coming up soon and will check out more, I keep you guys informed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts