LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some 4x6 LED hi/low sealed beams to replace the factory halogen beams. Upon installation on the 3PIN connector on the LED didn't fit the 3 pin factorysocket so I hardwired them. I made sure they matched up correctly. They will not work and only Flicker when either the hi beams were on or the fog lights on.. Although 1 of 4 rows in the LED light up when ONLY the low BEAM was on. Any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
They sell a conversion box or whatever they call them but you need them to change the amount of power that they use which is just a little different from the factory lights. I had to get my from o’Reillys

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I picked up a couple boxes of load resistors from Salvani for LED lights it says? does that sound about right? I won't get a chance to try them out right away but I picked them up for like 17.50 per side & looks like they just splice into the wires on low/hi beams. there is a box for each wire.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you get this worked out? I purchased LED bulbs (9005,9006) for my '95Z which uses the headlight fixture with the bulbs sealed onto the fixture but otherwise the bulbs are the same.

I was able to cut out the bulbs, install the new ones and seal them in. They look great and I had to do no wiring modifications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes actually the resistors didn't work. I ended up n returning the head lamps which were a cheap 45 watt set in exchange for an 85 watt set of led sealed beams and they worked flawlessly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they were actually 60 watt lights... but i got em from Amazon they have a whole slew of 60 watt led beams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts