LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand long tubes do you guys prefer? I have seen some REALLY good prices on PaceSetters, and know that the Hookers among others can be had for good prices w/ Kooks and QTPs on the higher side... So what do you run or prefer?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have QTP headers, quality is beyond excellent. I have friends with pacesetters, and they love them, good fitment. With me, i knew i was gettin QTP or Kooks, i got QTP cause they had a GP first

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm probably going to go w/ some Pacesetters and a true dual system from TSP at some point. I love the way they sound on these cars...

·
Registered
612 Posts
i ordered a set of TSP TDs w/ sweet thunders. i can't wait. i hope it doesn't take too much to make them fit to the QTPs

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Seriously, Pacesetters would be fine for your application.

If you've got the money (I don't), I'd get some QTP's with the HVM's

·
Registered
145 Posts
you know what I'm going to say........Kooks! I had their stepped 1-3/4" to 1-7/8", going into the 3" true duals w/x-pipe and Moroso Spiral Pro's that I built, and with my set-up sounded nothing but wicked!!! It made pretty decent power too! hehe :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Screw spending that money on the big names unless you have concerns with long term durability (sure stainless will last 10 years, but ceramic coated will last half that, you can buy a new set in five years, and still be under the cost of the stainless).

I have Pacesetters and am so ridiculously happy with my choice. Another dime on a "better" set of headers would have been wasted money IMO. Unless you have a max effort car, no sense in spending more.

·
Registered
724 Posts
i got hooker LTs, uncoated...i was worried about looks or anything. sure the paint flaked off...but i could care less. car still runs like a beast.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I've got Kook's with the catted Y. I love them. Fit, finish and everything is top notch and the tuck up really great. I only lost 1/2" vs. stock.

Pacesetter are decent for the money though and actually fairly easy to install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anybody running pacesetters and slp loudmouthII? how's the sound?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Go Faster said:

I have a buddy running Pacesetters and Hooker catback. From what I've been told that'll sound pretty close. And IMO his car sounds good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go Faster said:
It is absolutely awful. When I first added headers & off road y pipe I still had my loudmouth...I heard it would be loud, but I figured I'd get used to it. A week later I had a Magnaflow in the mail. The loudmouth w/ headers is not only super loud, but it sounds flat out awful with the rasp. I would race full out race cars @ the drag strip and you could still hear mine over theirs!! The magnaflow however is perfect. It sounds very mean when I get on it, but otherwise it is tame. You will love 'tame' when you get on the highway with 4.10 gears and your exhaust doesn't kill your ears at 2,000 rpms.

As far as brand I cannot say enough for Pacesetters...incredibly cheap, great fitment. Even brand new they are only $374.00 coated! I got mine used for $325 shipped. I do not recommend the pacesetter y pipe however, it fits really crappy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
keliente said:
It is absolutely awful. When I first added headers & off road y pipe I still had my loudmouth...I heard it would be loud, but I figured I'd get used to it. A week later I had a Magnaflow in the mail. The loudmouth w/ headers is not only super loud, but it sounds flat out awful with the rasp. I would race full out race cars @ the drag strip and you could still hear mine over theirs!! The magnaflow however is perfect. It sounds very mean when I get on it, but otherwise it is tame. You will love 'tame' when you get on the highway with 4.10 gears and your exhaust doesn't kill your ears at 2,000 rpms.

As far as brand I cannot say enough for Pacesetters...incredibly cheap, great fitment. Even brand new they are only $374.00 coated! I got mine used for $325 shipped. I do not recommend the pacesetter y pipe however, it fits really crappy.
Not the loudmouth, the loudmouth II

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Go Faster said:
Not the loudmouth, the loudmouth II
the main trouble with the loudmouth off LT's is that it is a wide open y-pipe configuration, y-pipes will allways have a higher note tone, that plus the volume of a open exhast makes for a very unpleasent sound. Add to that, that it seams the LM + LT combo seams to "tune" the exhast note to the very worst frequency(for lack of a better word) and it causes the drone to be unbearable to most.

if you are looking for the power of a wide open exhast but a "deeper" exhast note, look for a true duel set up :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts