LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a problem with hooker headers leaking soon after the install?

i just put mine on and i already have a damn leak :mad: :banghead:

·
Registered
370 Posts
what gaskets are you using? Stock GM manifold gaskets are probably the best you can get for it.... pretty much anyone who uses em has never had a leak

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used the cheap ass gaskets they gave me with the headers....i went to go get the manifold gaskets from chevy and they said they didnt make them lol i laughed at him and walked out...so i gotta make a trip to a different dealer

·
Registered
370 Posts
yea they make em... they are only like 12 bucks or so i think a piece. dont ask for headers gaskets just exhaust manifold gaskets.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i just called another dealer they are 12.50 a peice and they have them in stock thank god i cant take the noise anymore lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am running stock gm ones and they haven't leaked yet.
I have had the headers off the block a bunch of times too. :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
note, if you want to make the outside bolt holes "slip fit" like the after macket ones, you are going to need BOLT cutters or a cutting wheel... me and raven tried with a set of diaginal cutters.... um yeh... that did not work...lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
no i felt pretty embarressed we couldnt cut a piece of steel with tin snips...... that sucked

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
of cource if you get header STUDS then you dont need to cut nothing :D

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
maddie hows the car sound with headers ??? louder than mine ??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its loud but its sounds like shit right now...it sounds like a damn harley/helicopter lol its embarassing....i wish i could find what its really supposed to sound like with the ORY and my cat-back but for some reason nobody has a sound clip of my exact set up

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leaks all fixed....replaced the gaskets with the GM ones...sounds and runs awesome!!!! now all i need is a tune

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
so u gonna race me now maddie hehe

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
camarogrrrl said:
leaks all fixed....replaced the gaskets with the GM ones...sounds and runs awesome!!!! now all i need is a tune

good to go...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
keliente said:
I used the GM gaskets too. All is wonderful with the headers but it seems like I will have endless leaks with my cheap y pipe :)
true duels will fix that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts