LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called them 4 a 93 to 97 ram air hood.they have a aftermarket unit on ebay showing 10 available for less $ than it is on their website.with ebay fees and PayPal fees I would think it would be cheaper directly from them?:werd: When I called they said they didn't have any aftermarket hoods available and they just have 10 showing on ebay cuz they have to??? they have a few used oem ram air hoods they want 800 bucks for and 400 for the air box...WHAT they are tripping I found a repo air box for 200 and a aftermarket ram air hood for like 425 shipped.....yeah they will be the last place I get parts from!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I called them 4 a 93 to 97 ram air hood.they have a aftermarket unit on ebay showing 10 available for less $ than it is on their website.with ebay fees and PayPal fees I would think it would be cheaper directly from them?:werd: When I called they said they didn't have any aftermarket hoods available and they just have 10 showing on ebay cuz they have to??? they have a few used oem ram air hoods they want 800 bucks for and 400 for the air ox...WHAT they are tripping I found a report air box for 200 anda aftermarket ram air hood for like 425 shipped.....yeah they will be the last place I get parts from!
Many people will tell you bad things about the aftermarket hoods, which is why I waited for an OEM hood. $800 is actually on the lower side of average for an OEM hood, especially since they didn't make very many. $400 is also about average for an airbox in good shape. I only came across one OEM hood locally in my many years of searching, and it sold before I could get it

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Damn. 800 on the low end for a hood and 400 for a box...

I paid less than $450:for my oem hood AND my oem box. Ah the good ol days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well watch and wait got me a OEM lt1 ws6 ram air hood,airbox,and everything needed to hook it up off a ws6 parts car on craigslist WHAT.....FOR $350 BOOM!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Damn that beats my deal slightly. I think i got a steal at $425 for my parts. Congrats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts