LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean a really hard time. I've got an impact on the puller and it still won't budge. I'm scared to put too much heat to it. Anybody else ran into this problem? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wouldn't apply heat... Risky... I used a 3 jaw puller.. in retrospect I though that a custom made puller would work well too .. on the same principal as the installer tool.. if you got.an autozone by you check out part number 27019.. and you can rent it from them.. for My installer I got a 7/16 x20 3 ft rod from My local hardware store then used washers and a nut to press on.. hope this helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car is a 93 ta. its got an lt1 out of a 94z28. im 99.9 that it jumped time on me. i got the balancer off just fine. but the hub is fightin back. is it gonna be that hard to get back on too?

·
Registered
439 Posts
How are you trying to tame it off? Do you know it doesn't come off like a typical sbc one? I install a long bolt down into the crank bolt hole and use the puller against that. You can't put the center of the puller on what you woukd think the crank is. The inside of the hub is flat withbonky a small hole in it for the crank bolt to pass through it.

See this pic for reference.
http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/307473-post8.html

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
If you pm me with your e-mail address, I'll send you a pdf file with step by step instructions and pics of the process. Regular puller will not get the job done. Tool needed is in a pic in the file.

Steering wheel puller is what you use. With a bolt and washer in the hub center hole. The hub must be able to slide off along the bolt in the center hole.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's what I used when I had a stock hub

This goes in the hole...

I use the knuckle buster to keep the crank from turning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts