LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my hands on my dad's 1994 Z28 Camaro. I decided to totally restore the car and rebuild the engine into a 383 Stroker for fun, since the Camaro was a daily driver with 160,000 miles on it.

I remember him putting a lot of work into the car, from a new aluminum cam to digital ignition, but I'm realizing now a lot of the work is shoddy. First problem I came into was when I went to remove the headers to pull the block, but found that there were still lines attached like the air pump was still in the car. Turns out those lines run directly to the AC condenser. I'm actually stumped on what he did here because the AC did work.

It also looks like some of the pulleys were bypassed with an aftermarket belt, some of the water pump lines are sealed with bolts and clamps, and I keep finding vacuum lines plugged a similar way.

I've never worked on an LT engine, I mostly focused on older Pontiac and Olds V8's so I'm really unsure what I'm looking at here.

·
Global Moderator
13,372 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of anyone running lines from headers to ac condenser. The headers should have a bung hole for o2 sensor but nothing going to AC. The only other line to exhaust is from electric air pump. It sends o2 to cat to warm it up quicker.

Here's a link to the 94 factory service manual. It should have enough diagrams & exploded parts views to figure things out. It should have a vacuum diagram also. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

I've heard of aluminum cylinder heads and aluminum intake manifolds, but never an aluminum camshaft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of anyone running lines from headers to ac condenser. The headers should have a bung hole for o2 sensor but nothing going to AC. The only other line to exhaust is from electric air pump. It sends o2 to cat to warm it up quicker.

Here's a link to the 94 factory service manual. It should have enough diagrams & exploded parts views to figure things out. It should have a vacuum diagram also. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

I've heard of aluminum cylinder heads and aluminum intake manifolds, but never an aluminum camshaft.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much! As for the camshaft, I'm just repeating what I've been told. My dad has early dementia and mixes things up sometimes and he said he got the aluminum crank and cam from a 92 Vette.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts