LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full race Pacesetters are in the mail, I hear its impossible with jackstands only

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Not impossible but extreme PITA. You wont be able to go from the bottom so the top is the only solution; unless you lift the car high enough. Removing engine mounts, accessory items etc. I would definitely recommend a lift or you will be cursing yourself for a long time....but it can be done with a lot of patience and knuckle busting.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I replaced everything without lifting the engine. Had to replace the Head Gaskets and left the engine bolted to the mounts (Wish I woulda replaced the mounts at the time though). I ididn't use Jackstands either :)

Only thing I had to do specifically to install the Long Tube Pacesetters from up top was remove the steering linkage and pull the DipStick out. But I also already had my Alt/Power steering/AC removed for the passenger side.

Dont forget though, the LT's might bump the sub frame so good idea to replace the mounts with Polys (earlier statement :D)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did mine in my driveway through the bottom.

Rebuild the heads with the engine in the car.
Can you do work without a lift?
Yes.

Would is be nice to have a 2 post lift?

Hell yeah.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, looks like ill tackle it with the car as high up as i can get it and if not, ill try going thru the top, its gonna be sketchy for a few days after install because the exhaust will get done a few days after (gotta wait for some $$$) so i guess running open with the off road Y and a turndown will have to work for a day or so, haha

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hope you have understanding neighbors :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did mine in the driveway wit jack stands had to lift the engine one side at a time replaced motor mounts while i was there they might need replacing if alot of miles on car

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did mine in the driveway wit jack stands had to lift the engine one side at a time replaced motor mounts while i was there they might need replacing if alot of miles on car
Interesting, how high did you have to lift the engine?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just a couple inches just enough to slide the header in through the top just watch out if u lift the engine that u wont hit the firewall wen lifting or up top.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only issue I had with my Pacesetters was that the EGR port on the passenger side was preventing that header from going in... that is until I got a tad more forceful. Your headers are race and should be fine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only issue I had with my Pacesetters was that the EGR port on the passenger side was preventing that header from going in... that is until I got a tad more forceful. Your headers are race and should be fine.
Cool stuff, Was that going thru the top or bottom?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts