LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 94 z28 Camaro lt1 , It's nice , I just need to buy tires and a car back (so if you have a cat back I may buy) and It has cold air and tranny shift is bumped up a lil to shift harder , will hypertech model 350852 help run better? And how . Thank you

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hypertech has been known as crap tune wise. Though if you can find one cheap it wouldn't be bad to work with your shift points since you have an auto. Do you plan on doing anymore work to it? Unless it runs bad now, a tune would benefit you a lot more if you had more work done such as longtubes

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
I suggest learning how to tune yourself. Much good info on the web. Pcm section has a tuning tutorial in the sticky threads. Also LT1 PCM Tuning - Welcome! has some good tuning info.

Then get the tunercat obd1 tuner. With it you can change any and all info in your 94 pcm, including changing the vin number stored in the pcm, in case you ever buy a new or used pcm. Tunercat obd1 tuner is available at TunerCat.

You will need a special cable to hook car's dlc to your laptop's usb port. You can get those at the tunercat site or ALDL OBD1 OBD cable OBDI OBD2 engine codes

Tunercat makes a deluxe package that includes tunercat obd1 tuner, $EE definition file you'll need to read your 94 pcm, cable, and the DataMaster scan program. All for around $250 DataMaster is a great obd1 scan program that not only reads codes and scans real time sensor data, but also logs it to a data file that you can playback on DataMaster. You can also post up the data files for members here to assist you with understanding the readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts