LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, need some help. Im installing a transmission in my 94 pontiac firebird, the problem im having is that the vin# does not match up with the engine i have in the car. The last owner changed it from the v6 to the v8 lt1. now im trying to get a rebuilt transmission from a good dealer and they keep sending me the transmission from a v6 witch dont match up. all i need is a vin# from a pontiac firebird that has a v8 lt1. i would be very greatfull. Im not sure if it is a legal issue car number vin info. I really just wanted to ask.. maybe an engine number would work im not sure.

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
You not only need the v-8 trans, but you also need one matched to the year of pcm you installed in your 94.

You might want to get a refund from whoever you got the trans from. Then try one of our transmission guru's that are forum members. Either dynamic396 or cahall are both transmission experts with their own shops. Either, can set you up with the correct trans for your car. PM one or both, tell them about your car, what year pcm is controlling the trans, engine year you installed, etc.

and they won't need a vin number to set you up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts