LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '95 lt1 donor from a Buick Roadmaster. It's sitting between the rails of my '50 Chevy 3100 pickup. I know the history of the engine...118,000 well cared for miles with all accessories. I also have the 4L60E tranny that was part of the package.
I've gone back and forth as to whether I should go with the electronic engine components or modify it to a carburetor. I've come to the conclusion to leaving it factory. I'm going to eliminate the EGR for one thing. I plan to run aftermarket headers for another.
I have no knowledge or equipment to get this engine running. Would someone please tell me how to "start from the beginning" as to how and what is needed to get the engine and tranny up and running/working? I assume a new harness is in the works at a minimum. (The ECU came with the engine). Being 68 years old, my days were spent with points, plugs and condenser being a tune-up at the Texaco station I worked at in high school as an attendant!
In addition, what are the ballpark costs, assuming the opti is still good.
I feel as if I'm in over my head.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you get the harness from the roadmaster? Not much use in the roadmaster without the ecu or engine. The harness is critical. Expensive as hell used usually and usually needs work. A company named "Painless" makes aftermarket harnesses. I have one missing a few connectors i would consider selling but its nice having a spare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts