LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this will be my first cam swap ever and i have a 95 z28 with a lt1 i am going to put the cc306 cam in it what all do i need and can i buy it all in 1 kit if so where is the best place to buy it thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
What other mods do you already have on the car? And what made you decide on that cam? You'll have to spin the crap out of it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now just headers exhaust cold air and throttle body. i am aware of where it makes power right now thats not important the motor will be getting all forged 383 and a set of heads will be installed later right now just need to know what all i need for my cam and if i can buy it in one kit and where the best place is to order

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Man, I'd think about something different than a 306... There are many, many camshafts out there that are way better than the 306.

But, as was stated, a camshaft of that "size" is not very well suited to a stock bottom end. Your compression will be way too low and, in order for that cam to really "work", you'll have to rev your engine to a range where a stock LT1 bottom end is not at all happy (and a ticking time bomb)...!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well if you're dead set on that cam, you'll want some non-self aligning rockers, guideplates, a valve spring kit, lifters, hardened pushrods, a new timing chain set, a nice stall if you're an auto, and steeper gears either way. I went with a Lunati dual valve spring kit for my cam that's just slightly smaller than a cc306 and a set of scorpion 1.6 roller rockers. Many people recommend comp rockers though. Check out Texas Speed and Performance and Competition Products - Performance Engine Parts, Racing Engine Parts and Accessories for parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts