LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Red Devil said:
Would have been a better hoax if it didn't look like a pontiac product.
No doubt. I'd like to see what kind of track times those new FWD V8's like the GP GXP will do. My guess is they are massively tq managed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
No doubt. I'd like to see what kind of track times those new FWD V8's like the GP GXP will do. My guess is they are massively tq managed.

Yep,massively torque managed is an understatement. Pontiac started in with the massive tq management on the 04'-newer GTP's/CompG's, and it has continued over to the new GXP's witht he LS4's. Although the GXP has a beefier version of the oh-so-weak 4-T65E, known as the HD version, Pontiac still has to use a ton of tq management to mkae it at least live for 36K miles behind the LS4. Heck, the regular 4-T65E can barely handle what the supercharged 6's are puttin gout, much less what the V8 is producing. :bs

Oh, and the new GXP's are low 14 cars at ~97-98. ;)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what's the solution? A trip to the Tranny store for a built FWD tranny?

I'd rather convert to RWD... :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
the 4t65 was a great trans for a basic 3800. but GM just cant make a FWD trans to hold any serious HP, hell they have a hard enough time gettin RWD transmissions to hold up against the HP that their engines put out. if they brought the GN back , it MUST be a v-6 and turbo charged or its just sacrilidge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts