LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8931552/

I just think this is such a huge mistake. Why is it there are over 1.5m Arabs who are Israeli citizens, live amongst them and even hold elected positions in the Israeli Parliament, but Jews cannot live with Palestinians in the Gaza Strip?

I think its a mistake to appease the people that have been trying to blow you up for the last 50 years. How much more will they have to give them?

You're going to have a huge area you can't control, with Hamas, Hezzbollah and Al Qaeda in there doing whatever they please, recruiting bombers and such. 80% of Palestinians believe Israel has no right to exist.

I gaurantee right here and now this will do NOTHING to stop the suicide bombers in Israel, and do NOTHING to stop the hatred of Jews among the Palestinians. Its going to make it worse.

For a comparison, look up how Nevil Chamberlain dealt with Hitler and how well that worked out.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Agreed. Appeasement doesn't currently and has never worked in history.

The biggest problem amongst the muslims in the middle east is that their religious beliefs haven't progressed or grown any since the period of the crusades. They have absolutely no tolerance.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its the corruption of their leaders. They live like kings while they keep the populace stupid and poor, and the extreme form of islam plays right into that. No different than the Nazis...blame the Jews or anybody else different from you for your problems.

They really need to be looking at their leaders and demanding change...like democratization. The Mid East is the only area still w/o any democracies if you don't count Israel. There's something wrong with that IMO.

Dictators getting rich off oil while people starve to death doesn't wash with me.

And its all these little tin horn dictators that run the UN these days.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Chris, have you ever read the book "The Lion's Game" by Nelson DeMille? Good book, has some insight into the mind of a Muslim extremist as well.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I have a bad habit of reading 1/2 of books then never finishing them. I could name a whole library of stuff I've done that with. Ann Coulter, Thomas Sowell, Milton Friedman.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
I totally agree. This is a HUGE mistake on Israels part. Give the Palistinians an inch and they'll want a mile. You would think that the Isreali leadership would know this after all these years. :dontknow:

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's really not going to do much for the Israelis, the Palestinians have stated they want ALL of British Palestine back and will continue with the terrorist acts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts