LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a rotofab intake for my wife for Christmas. The car needed a new air filter and no one had it in stock so I jumped on a black Friday deal. Win win!
I'll get it tuned after the warranty expires. Not like she races it....much. :D may just get HP Tuners and start learning.

Now to get an intake for the V, and my cut outs installed.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
Intakes are always the gateway mod!

Once the warranty runs out and if you start to tune it on your own don't hesitate to PM me. I'm fairly familiar with the LS3 computer and picked up a few tricks that might save you time.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wont go too far on the G8 unless my wife wants to trade for the V. The condition there is that the G8 gets cammed, supercharged, and full exhaust. :D

The V is my focus. I just saw an opportunity to justify a mod for the G8. Hahaha.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once the warranty runs out and if you start to tune it on your own don't hesitate to PM me. I'm fairly familiar with the LS3 computer and picked up a few tricks that might save you time.
Thanks, I may eventually hit you up on that. Hopefully the LSA is similar.

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
I forgot to mention it, but when we added a cold air on the SS the PE fueling went nuts. It was running incredibly rich and took a good bit of MAF tweaking. I think it has to do with the dynamic fueling in those cars.

Might be fine with that brand intake or maybe his car was just a freak, but I thought I'd mention it encase you start seeing more soot on the bumper.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.
The WOT sound difference on the G8 is incredible. It sounds so much more ballsy. The V doesn't have the same growl, but the blower whine is definately louder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts