LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of figuring out what gearing and tire size I'd like to run once I set the nitrous up next season. I don't really know what kind of trap speeds I'll be seeing.

Right now I'm thinking a 3.90 gear with a 27-28" tire should be sufficient. With a 26" tire I'll be topping out around 120 in third at 6100rpm but I'm pretty sure I'll hit that speed on the bottle. With a 28" tire I should be good for 130mph at 6100rpm in third. Does that seem like a good combo? I do plan on spraying off the line so the bigger tire should be good for a little more traction.

I considered 3.73's but I want more gear than that for when I'm all motor. Running a 26" tire without spray I'll be topping out around 119mph with 3.90's which should be a pretty good gear for full bolt ons off the bottle.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
The downside to an auto is when you start to play with tire sizes and you either run a constant height or you deal with an off speedo come DD duty. There are not many 28 inch tire options for a 17 inch rim, assuming you want to have a DD setup.

Otherwise, 28s and 3.90s are a good combo I would guess. But, a 28 inch tire, 3.73s and a 6400 area shift are topped out at 143mph, you sure you are right on that calculation?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As far as daily driving, it won't be driven every day. I'm aware I'll need 2 tunes for the two different tire sizes. I'm ok with that.

Obviously I can't have 1 setup that's optimized for both. So switching tires will need to be done if I want to take full advantage.

I'm ok with the 28" tire having to be on a 15" rim. It won't be driven on the street setup for nitrous.

Here's a 26" tire

And the 28"

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool so I'll finish up pulling some weight out, get my rear end in with the nitrous set up after the winter and run the 26" and see what happens.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you need/want 26 inch hoosier QTPs for a 15 inch rim, PM sweetbmxrder, he still has a pair sitting in his shop for sale since he switched to radials.
Probably going to stick with my st street radicals. Theyve been good so far and I'm curious if they'll have traction on the 150 shot

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
I'm thinking that with a 150 shot on top of what you have now should only bring you to high 11's @ around 112-116.
I would think he would pick up at least 10mph but probably a few more and be around the 11.6 mark if it 60's well and holds the power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts