LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding 01' and later LS1's, after heads and cam are upgraded what fuel system mods are recommended? Just larger injectors? (suggested sizing) A larger (higher output) fuel pump or additional inline pump? Or instead of just replacing a piece or two now would it be wise to just rip out the stock system completely and plumb in a new one, piping and all?

·
Registered
612 Posts
as far as the Fuel Pump, basically it works out that you need a new fuel pump to be safe above 450rwhp., a bit lower, like 425 on spray. unless you are going to some wild system, the fuel lines and fuel rails are capable(think somewhere areound 600rwhp). Racetronix and Walbro are 2 of the most popular fuel pumps out right now. IDK about injectors, but somewhere there is a table that says what size injectors for a HP level. somebody else can make a recommendation on that

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phoenix57 said:
as far as the Fuel Pump, basically it works out that you need a new fuel pump to be safe above 450rwhp., a bit lower, like 425 on spray. unless you are going to some wild system, the fuel lines and fuel rails are capable(think somewhere areound 600rwhp). Racetronix and Walbro are 2 of the most popular fuel pumps out right now. IDK about injectors, but somewhere there is a table that says what size injectors for a HP level. somebody else can make a recommendation on that
Me thinks I'll be just shy of the N/A "needing a bigger fuel pump" range then, but should be close depending on the success of mail order tuning. I can't find the injector article again (should've saved it :mad: ) but seems like there was a claim that SVO 42#-ers where a well rounded upgrade w/ the proper volume and pressure behind them, and they left room for more.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
racetronix fuel pack and 42lb disk style injectors. should be plenty for now, and any future mods you have in mind...
check out the "so you wanna be fast" sticky for more info

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaberwaki said:
racetronix fuel pack and 42lb disk style injectors. should be plenty for now, and any future mods you have in mind...
check out the "so you wanna be fast" sticky for more info
Thanks for your input! That's pretty much what I had in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts