LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. About 6 months ago I bought a 95 TA that had been sitting for 13 years. Right off the bat, put a fuel pump in it to get it running. I had vacuum leaks around a couple injectors and didn’t know how many Lbs or pressure they were, so just changed all 8 to 24lb injectors. Since then, I have a hard time with my fuel pressure after I turn the car off. Pressure will bleed down to 0 almost instantly after I turn the car off. Didn’t have this issue before I changed the injectors. Only issues with vacuum leaks. No pressure issues though. The new fuel pump fixed all my initial pressure issues. I changed the regulator and the plastic fuel lines and still have the issue. Any ideas? Stuck injector? They’re all brand new. No refurbished. Car runs great and strong, only has issues when starting. Always starts, just takes awhile to build pressure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys. About 6 months ago I bought a 95 TA that had been sitting for 13 years. Right off the bat, put a fuel pump in it to get it running. I had vacuum leaks around a couple injectors and didn’t know how many Lbs or pressure they were, so just changed all 8 to 24lb injectors. Since then, I have a hard time with my fuel pressure after I turn the car off. Pressure will bleed down to 0 almost instantly after I turn the car off. Didn’t have this issue before I changed the injectors. Only issues with vacuum leaks. No pressure issues though. The new fuel pump fixed all my initial pressure issues. I changed the regulator and the plastic fuel lines and still have the issue. Any ideas? Stuck injector? They’re all brand new. No refurbished. Car runs great and strong, only has issues when starting. Always starts, just takes awhile to build pressure. Only has 34k miles. Not sure if that’s very relevant

·
Global Moderator
13,303 Posts
If after changing your injectors fuel pressure bleeds down quickly, it sounds like trash from your fuel system has stuck injector or injectors partially open. Or new injector or injectors are defective and not closing.

This is one of the times that you should remove fuel rail. Have assistant turn key on to prime fuel rail. While you watch the injectors to see if they leak.

Next possibilities are rubber line that goes to pump, in the tank, has a hole or has partially slipped off fuel pump. Or check ball in new pump is defective allowing fuel to return to tank via fuel supply line.

Last possibilities are a pressure regulator that has stuck partally open and allows fuel to go back to tank via return line. Or a leaky diaphragm in regulator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I have a strong gas smell coming from the trunk area. I couldn’t change the o-ring on the pump because it was corroded and causing debris to fall into the tank when I tried to remove it, so I just left it. There’s no gas leak, but I do get a smell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts