LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car was running fine and we did a head job on it (drivers side head gasket did not seal) After it still ran fine. About 10mile down the road it started to skip. I checked it and found it was sloping on the last cylinder on drivers side(cylinder 7 if I rember). I cheacked for spark and all good there.
I also checked for power and ground on the injector we have a power but no pulsing ground when you cycle the switch or when the car is running.

I need some ideals on what y'all think it might be.
I will start checking the harness tomorrow
Thank you
Matt

·
Global Moderator
12,962 Posts
Is it just the single injector not pulsing? Are the other injectors working as they should?

Please include year of lt1 car in all your threads asking for help. It makes a difference.

If all other injectors are working and only #7 is not, first take the connector off #7. Then use your multimeter set to resistance. Make sure there is continuity on injector # 7. If yes and it reads about 12 ohms then move on to next step. Not sure if 12 ohms is correct, but the reading should be at least 6 ohms and not more than 12 ohms.

If injector itself is good and all other injectors work, there are only 2 things it can be. (1) There is a splice S102 located about 2 inches from where injector # 3 wiring breaks out. This splice takes the single ground wire from pcm and splits it into 4 wires. Injector #7 wire might not be making good contact at the splice causing # 7 not to get ground from pcm.

Or (2) the wire at splice s102 to injector #7 is bad. If other injectors aren't working then a different troubleshooting procedure will be needed.

For your reference, the pcm has 2 separate ground groups for the injectors One group grounds inj # 2 , 3, 5, & 8. The 2nd ground group is for # 1, 4, 6, & 7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts