LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a LT1 with an aftermarket fuel pump and and a 3 port regulator. It has new stock stock fuel injectors and a in the tank fuel pump. After it started i noticed that there was fuel running out of the passenger exhaust. I pulled out the spark plugs and the # 8-cylinder plug was fouled. I replaced the injector thinking it was stuck open but the plug was fouled again. Could it be the regulator? The gauge shows 40lbs.The engine has a aftermarket wiring and the ecu has been reprogramed. It is in a older truck. There is so much fuel poring out of the exhaust i didn't let run vary long .Need help. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
In order, you can: (1) Remove vacuum hose from regulator. If leaking gas, replace regulator. (2) Ensure that fuel return line to tank is unclogged. (3) Make sure plug #8 is firing when removed and held against ground. (4) Pull injectors with fuel rail, pressurize and watch for drips. Good luck -- please let us know if any of these work for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the fuel rail with the fuel injectors. I pressurized the system and sure enough the injector for the # 8 cylinder was pouring fuel out of it.Could this be a problem in the ecu?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a LT1 with an aftermarket fuel pump and and a 3 port regulator. It has new stock stock fuel injectors and a in the tank fuel pump. After it started i noticed that there was fuel running out of the passenger exhaust. I pulled out the spark plugs and the # 8-cylinder plug was fouled. I replaced the injector thinking it was stuck open but the plug was fouled again. Could it be the regulator? The gauge shows 40lbs.The engine has a aftermarket wiring and the ecu has been reprogramed. It is in a older truck. There is so much fuel poring out of the exhaust i didn't let run vary long .Need help. Thanks
Sounds like the ejector is stuck open. Pull the connector off #8 injector and see if the problem still exists. If you have a Noid light see if the power to the injector is pulsing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you checking it with the connector off the injector? With the connector disconnected, nothing should come out of the injector. You can use a test light and see if there is power at the connector at all times. It should just pulse when the injector fires. You can check it with a known good cylinder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts