LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up family....I have been off for a while...Working and vacationing over the winter..global pandemic over the spring..everything is shutdown..So, I started up my 1995 T/A and I hadn't started it since the fall...Make a long story short....The car was missing a bit and I noticed it..Shut it off and opened the hood...and my injector wires were broken..and exposed....so now I have to solder wires....Can I get a little help here..I think I want to change them all...

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there an injector connectors that are better than others or are they all about the same....?

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
The injector wiring connectors are a standardized type for the type of injectors used by GM. While there will be different type of connectors on different style injectors, your stuck with the type of connector you have.

While the metal wire clip can be difficult to work with, it provides a very secure connection to injector. Which is what GM wanted. A connector that wouldn't fall off due to vibration or bumpy roads.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dug into this a bit today...Yep the wire was eaten....I bought another connector for 5he injector....soldering the new connector in place...I wrapped with electrical tape and another shrink-wrap loom and another plastic wire cover....I did all the injectors connections like this....I was glad I was able to pinpoint what was going on....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never didn't test all the injectors...it was a little work but...I know they are done right.....all the wires are getting brittle...What can I use to lube the up a bit...

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
The only cure for brittle wire insulation is new wires. Once you replace the wires, you can use silicon lube to keep wires from drying out from the under hood heat.

I use silicon dot 5 brake fluid in my 90 camaro. So when I need to keep wiring insulation nice, I rub some of it on the insulation.

I don't recommend using silicon brake fluid in you brake system as 4th gen cars have ABS. It's not that silicon brake fluid won't work. The problem is silicon brake fluid doesn't mix with regular brake fluid. And it's just about impossible to drain all fluid from ABS system.

Just a little extra info. Try not to get silicon on your paint work. If car is ever repainted it's very difficult to get rid of the silicon. And silicon on old paint causes fish eyes in new paint job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts