LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. Ok first off i will explain what my customer was in countering with his 4l60e trans. He lost third and forth. Ok simple enough tear the trans down and replace clutches and pump. No big deal right?? Well 3 rd and 4th clutch pack was complete toast. The frictions had no teeth left. So i rebuilt the whole drum. New sillanoids. Everything new from front to back. The trans will do 1st and 2nd beautiful but will not do third on its own??? I can manually shift it and its fine until it wont go into 4th??? I have dropped this trans 3 damn times to double check all my work and everything is up to spec. I am so damn lost someone please help me. Also to. We have a tps code on the intake and an oil pressure sensor. Thanks in advance. I have been in mechanics for 13 yrs and never ran into the same issue that was going on before, still happening after a complete rebuild.

·
Global Moderator
13,110 Posts
Need to know year, make, model for better diagnostic help.

But, having a tps code keeps transmission from shifting to 4th gear. You can find f-body service manuals for 93-96 & 98-00 at the following site. The manual will have complete explanations on each code. What makes it set. What computer does when code sets. Diagnostic flow charts to help find where trouble is.

www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti.

Not an expert on 4l60E, but sounds like you covered most of the trouble spots. Barring code related no 3rd gear, have you checked valve body as possible source of no shift problem?

And, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

But, having a tps code keeps transmission from shifting to 4th gear. You can find f-body service manuals for 93-96 & 98-00 at the following site. The manual will have complete explanations on each code. What makes it set. What computer does when code sets. Diagnostic flow charts to help find where trouble is.

Not an expert on 4l60E, but sounds like you covered most of the trouble spots. Barring code related no 3rd gear, have you checked valve body as possible source of no shift problem?

It a 2007 suburban. Sorry i thought i covered all the bases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK it is rare but if you burnup the 3-4 clutches the shaft could have cracked internally. The clearance for the 3-4 clutch pac should be about .050 - .070 and always install the 5 sets of helper spring sets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts