LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have freescan i got it to log one session and save it, now it wont save the data everytime it just brings up the 94 z28 sample instead of my data anyone with info ideas?

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
You could uninstall the program then reinstall. And while installing programs, why don't you try the free obd1 scan program written by our member GaryDoug. I think it's a better format than freescan. Plus it also does ABS and SIR codes which freescan doesn't. It's located in sticky threads of 4th gen section.

And when you click the link for scan 94,95, the name of the program, you might as well download the trial version of DataMaster. Good for 20 free data logs and unlimited data playback. It logs data to a file, when you do a running sensor scan, that can be played back in real time. This is a feature the other programs don't have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the info. I have tried to reinstall didnt work. i even cleared all freescan files and redownloaded it and only got it to save my file twice total. i tried the datamaster but i cannot get it to read my car no matter what i try. i had the 9495 software on my other laptop and it crashed i couldnt find the file until last night after i posted. i plan on trying that today. thank you for the response.:LS1LT1flag: i just hope to get it logging got my first tune done wanna try it out

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
One more thing I've thought of, since I run an older pc with xp operating system, I have no trouble with freescan or DataMaster.

If your running windows 7 or 8, are you running the programs in compatibility mode as both programs were written when windows 95 was the operating system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the ideas i greatly appreciate the info. i went out and bought an older laptop with xp on it just so i didnt have those issues. i have messed with it a little ill set it to windows 95 and see if it sticks this time. i hope to figure it out soon wanna log that tune i built

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Have you got the comm port set to the correct one. My cable from AKM cables, requires comm 3 to be selected to read data. Yours might need a different comm port selected.

if you go into the control panel, then select system, then hit the hardware tab, followed by device manager, you can see what comm port your cable uses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have comm three set it tunes and picks it up just fine but it saves as a dummy file that is the 94 z28 at idle i cant use that to change my tables or watch knock

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
Now you got me confused. Freescan, DataMaster, and scan 94,95 only scan.

If you want to read your pcm and retune then tunercat or a similar program is what you need.

If your looking to log a run and get the sensor readings so you can view then, then DataMaster is your program.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry not looking to confuse. i used free scan scanned it and built my tune off of it but now i wanna see how the tune is doing and it wont save the data. for some reason i cant get data master to log it im gonna try the 9495 scan from garydoug

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
That's really strange that both programs won't log the sensor data so you can view or playback with DataMaster.

Here's a little trick I use. First I make sure to save the log file to the desk top, instead of where program wants to save it. Then I give it an unique name as computers hate files with the same name.

You might want to pm bobdec and talk it over with him. he's one of our resident computer wiz's. Or pm GaryDoug who wrote the scan 94,95 program. Figure if he can write a program, he might be able to figure out your problem also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the thing is that it communicates right and all the sensors and gauges read in freescan it just wont save the file its the strangest thing. the datamaster wont even pull up the info

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update i have been trying all day and finally got it to log so i took advantage of it and logged as much data as i can to move on with my tune thank you for your help:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Tunerpro will datalog/scan with the correct definition files for the 94-95car obd1 also 93 with different definition files. It runs on XP. TunerproRT is real time tunerpro isn't.

Get the EE.adx definitions and the manual transmission or auto transmission data file .adx

$EE
EE.xdf
V5 ONLY - EE_Manual.adx
V5 ONLY - EE_Auto.adx
94-95 Y & F Body (LT1)
NOTE: Requires 3rd party software to upload tune

Tunerpro RT V5 Tutorial - LS1TECH

TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software

TunerPro starter Tutorial! New users this is a must read! :))

Post #30 leaky plug wires?
Cant get Tunerpro RT to connect once engine starts - Page 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have freescan downloaded on my windows XP laptop and is currently trying to pull engine codes off of my 95 Camaro Z28. It has a rough idle and strong exhaust fumes. Its not reading my ECU. I need help connecting the program to readmy ECU. PLEASE HELP. I have changed my port to 3 and it still wont read. OBD 1 software with OBD 2 connector

·
Registered
772 Posts
Per your private message, you have an OBD2 cable and/or a VAG-com cable. You need an OBD1 cable with the 16-pin connector.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts