·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth the trouble to do this mod?

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
i did it...takes like 10 mins...and i noticed a tad bit difference....figure more air would be better...so ya its worth it

·
Registered
612 Posts
clean your air filter more often, cause that not only allows more air, but more dirt

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
it is not a good mod if you have a ws6. just remove your baffles and you will get a better increase. the FRA mod we did to my ws6 and we logged several differant conditions, we found that at idle the inlet air temps were 125-130* !!! :eek:

and the were routinely 15-20* hotter then normal at any other rpm and speed... so on the ws6(that is already getting more air because of the raised air box) i believe it hurts performance, not helps...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which baffles are you talking about? I did the bellows,I can see the value in that mod.
I had the same thought about cuting the air box and the plastic under it,it would have to bring the temp up.

Got to be the baffles in the hood scoupe........what about driving in the rain,dont the baffles deflect the water down so it drains out?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
if you drive you car in incliment weather, then only cut out one of the hood scoop baffles, my ws6 never comes off the ET drags, so if it rained while i was driving it, water getting in the motor would be the LEAST of my worrys :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool......thanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
no problem... thats what we are here for... :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts