LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to forums? This place used to be lit. Make forums great again! Discuss.

·
Registered
456 Posts
What happened? People want instant answers to their questions. They have no patience and no idea how to search for information. They just want to be spoon fed! Facebook offers virtually no waiting because people are always on Facebook. Facebook, the dumbing down of America!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I hear ya man it's been dead for awhile now.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's bring forums back in style. We all gotta post more. Tell your friends. Let all the car guys at the meets know. Facebook is flooded with jerks and misinformation. Let's do this! I promise to post at least once a day.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think one of the problems is we are not having enough issues with our cars:lol. The Lt1 platform is just so darn reliable! But yeah facebook is a lot of the reason and thats one of the reasons i'm not on it. Also LSX is the big thing right now and LTX doesn't have near the crowd so it gets a little slow at times. If you go on LS1.com it's super busy.

·
Global Moderator
13,111 Posts
I hate facebook.

One of the problems we have is that older cars like the early 4th gens are bought , kept for a little while then sold. Doesn't tend to give us long term members.

And of course the above mentioned dumbing down of America.

I've even had to give up most of my cars as my health no longer allows me to give them the love they deserve. My 95 trans am is already sold. And I've listed my 76 trans am in the cars for sale section. Sad times.

But I will remain here at ls1lt1.com until the owners fold up the forum or I get chunked into the dirt.

·
Registered
495 Posts
That's true about people not keeping their cars long. People post a few times and then they are gone. And i've been guilty of being MIA for periods of time like when I got married and when I start getting into my model trains and the car gets ignored for awhile haha.

That stinks you had to sell your stuff man but we appreciate your dedication to the forum!

I'm making an effort to be more regular on the forum.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Whats up family...I haven really needed to post...like six said...my car has been running so good I dont wanna mess with it..lol and its looking so hot since I put the red Cylon light in the nostrils of ram air...can you say Battlestar Galatica..

·
Registered
495 Posts
lol I bet that does look pretty sinister! I'm in the same boat I don't wanna mess with anything cuz it's running great so I just change the oil and put gas in it.

·
Banned
23 Posts
What happened? People want instant answers to their questions. They have no patience and no idea how to search for information. They just want to be spoon fed! Facebook offers virtually no waiting because people are always on Facebook. Facebook, the dumbing down of America!
So, why do I want to sit around and waste precious time going through countless posts to "try" and find the answer? When I could just simply ask and some one will reply with the correct knowledge and answer.

I might be in a quick need for the answer. I might have better things to do then sit around reading all the posts that come up in the search. But you always get that one or two that have to come on and say "search is your friend" or some crap like that. .....

Truth is, it drives people away. Even if they still come on the forums, they just do not reply or ask,,,,,,anything. Rather then taking the time to type "search is your friend" why not just take the time to actually answer the question. Or just don't respond all together. Forums are supposed to be place where like minded people can go to share, discuss, and help. Not to treated like you are stupid.

·
Registered
456 Posts
So, why do I want to sit around and waste precious time going through countless posts to "try" and find the answer? When I could just simply ask and some one will reply with the correct knowledge and answer.

I might be in a quick need for the answer. I might have better things to do then sit around reading all the posts that come up in the search. But you always get that one or two that have to come on and say "search is your friend" or some crap like that. .....

Truth is, it drives people away. Even if they still come on the forums, they just do not reply or ask,,,,,,anything. Rather then taking the time to type "search is your friend" why not just take the time to actually answer the question. Or just don't respond all together. Forums are supposed to be place where like minded people can go to share, discuss, and help. Not to treated like you are stupid.
You assume, "some one will reply with the correct knowledge and answer." In my experience, facebook replies are incorrect and unreliable. Apparently, you haven't experienced Facebook trolls either. I belong to several Facebook groups and they do have their place but for my money, I do all of my research on the forums.

·
Global Moderator
13,111 Posts
PeteD, keep it nice & keep the politics out of your post. If you want to put down the democrats or republicans, go to a political forum and post your little heart out.

Members on this forum and most every other forum have a life besides living to answer your questions in a hurry. Either learn to be patient or head back to facebook.

·
Banned
23 Posts
You assume, "some one will reply with the correct knowledge and answer." In my experience, facebook replies are incorrect and unreliable. Apparently, you haven't experienced Facebook trolls either. I belong to several Facebook groups and they do have their place but for my money, I do all of my research on the forums.
Yep, I sure have experienced them. I however am not talking about Facebook. I am referring to forums.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Calm down Mr. moderator. no one putting any one down. Just using a couple quotes, that's all. I agree with you that they have lives and better things to do. With that said, if they have time to type search is your friend, they have time to type the answer. If they don't know or do not want to answer, they themselves can just keep on going to another thread or whatever. Rather than type a smart remark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hawk177, keep it nice & keep the politics out of your post. If you want to put down the democrats or republicans, go to a political forum and post your little heart out.

Members on this forum and most every other forum have a life besides living to answer your questions in a hurry. Either learn to be patient or head back to facebook.
I don’t recall ever saying anything political. I was simply referring to the fact that some things can be figured out on your own if you do some research and some diagnosing. Rather than being impatient and squawking because nobody is replying.

That’s kind of the reason why I went on my first hiatus from this place around 3-5 years ago. Got tired of the same ol same ol. Is it my opti, my car won’t start. As much information that was once stored in this forum a search will do wonders. I still see not much has changed at all. You may remember me from one of my cars. I’ll attach one for old times sake.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts