LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new member of this forum and the whole forum thing as a whole. The last forum i was a part of was like carforums or something cant remeber. I loved the forum its self, it was well laid out so each section got plently of traffic, but i hated the people that wher there they where all jerk offs. So i figured i would go to a more exclusive forum where almost everyone has the same car or wants the same car, seems like people would just get along better, So i came here. Now i know i should have put this in the suggestion box forum but that place seems like it gets next to no traffic and i wanted people to read this so please don't move it. Okay i think to stimulate the members to post more the forum needs a new interface, for example some of the forums or boards (whatever they are called) are way to specific. (example turbochargers, Superchargers, and Nitrous don't get much traffic because not many people fit into each of them so you combine them into Forced Iduction, Nitrous, and instead of having ten people that freqeunt each forum you would have 30 people that frequent one forum,) I dont own a Big block so i dont go to the big block section very much, because i dont think there will be a thread to intrest me but every time i go there is one. I do own a SBC though so i go in that forum alot and if you combined The two i think the thread would have better posts and more posts because you would get to hear from both sides of the spectrum, the BBC guys and the SBC guys.It would also be good if say Rear End, AT, And MT where combined to Transmission, Rear End or maybe Drivetrain. One of my favorite forums on LS1LT1 is the kill stories but its quite boring on here because its way at the bottom of the page and i think it gets overlooked sometimes therefore loosing posts and threads. I think if the interfaced was simplified and all of the different forums where on one page without the need to scroll down or at least not as far to scroll then a fewer number of forums if any would be overlooked causing more posts a more stimulating conversation. I love this forum and the people on it and i will continue to post here no matter what just because everyone was so helpful to me. I just thought maybe i could help you all out. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
330 Posts
ThrashN said:
Or you could click on new post at the top of the board and see if anything intrest you.
That's what I do.

Lol, I do the same thing, Enthusiast makes a good point. We did the same thing on the speed density board because there just isn't the traffic to warrant extremely specific forums.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion.

I think we'll keep it how it is though. A lot of people will surf a forum and if they don't see a topic that applies to them, they leave and never come back.

So you have to give people topics that appeal to them, even if they don't get many posts.

You know the posts are here, you just have to find them. The "new posts" button works wonders for seeing what's up since your last visit.

The issue of not enough posts is more a function of how many registered users there are, not how many forums there are. When we get to 10,000 members we'll need each one of those forums you're suggesting we combine. Then somebody has to go in and manually move each post to the new forum when you split them up.

I'm not up for that much work.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i like it the way it is, like with the turbo, supercharger, nitrous idea, keep it the way it is, because lets say i want to put nitrous on my car, so i want to read up on nitrous only, i dont care about turbos or superchargers, giving nitrous its own sections allows me to look at only what i want to see

same with combining AT and MT into one Trans catergory, no, i have an auto, so if i want to read somthing about a shift kit install thats what i want too see not a bunch of threads about clutches and short throws

1 - 8 of 8 Posts